Friday, March 16, 2012

Origami Seed Packet

I have a healthy collection of seeds so I thought it would be fun to host a little seed exchange with some friends. People brought their extra seeds of choice to share and everyone left with new varieties of seeds to try. We had a great time and I can't wait to try the seeds I chose!
In case people only wanted a few seeds and not the entire packet of seeds, I taught everyone how to make origami seed packets to store their seeds and I thought I would share it here too just in case anyone else is looking for a clever way to share or store seeds.
Make a square. Depending on the size of your packet you may choose to divide a sheet of paper into multiple pieces before folding down a corner to make a square. (Sorry, terrible camera angle but it is a square!)
Fold it back into a triangle and turn your triangle so that the folded side is at the bottom.
Fold the bottom right corner up.
Fold the bottom left corner up. You may have to adjust the two corners, you want them to line up across the top edge.
5. Pre-crease the top portion. Tuck one of the top pieces into the pocket closest to you.
6. Fill your packet with seeds or other small objects and then tuck the top piece into the pocket closest to you to close the packet.
7. Turn it over and label it.
And now you have an origami seed packet!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

So smart! Tony and I just bought a garden plot for this summer. This will be our first time planting! Can you provide more tips on how to keep plants alive??